- What is the access to come into your station?
By motorway A 43 Chambery Lyon Turin. Take exit 27 St Jean de Maurienne, then follow signs to "Vallée de l'Arvan", Saint Sorlin d'Arves then.
Beware the Col de la Croix de Fer is closed in winter and the GPS does not indicate.
In summer two other access are also possible:
By St Mary Cuines Highway A43, exit 26, then D927 towards Col du Glandon and Col de la Croix de Fer D926 direction St Sorlin d'Arves
By Isere Col de la Croix de Fer passes by the Glandon and the Col de la Croix de Fer.
- Are the roads cleared in winter they?
In winter, the snow plow goes smoothly but if you drive a day when heavy snow routes will not be released regularly.
Here are some helpful tips: properly shovel your car, drive slowly, turn on your headlights, run your windshield wipers and defogging. Do not wait to be in trouble to edit your channels. Reduce your speed and keep your distance. To slow down use engine braking.
- In winter, special equipment is mandatory?
It is essential to provide special equipment that is to say tires or chains contacts to leave in the trunk of your car. You will perhaps not use it, but if it snows during your stay, you will not start if you're not equipped. The police reserves the right to require you to chain in case of bad weather.
Think also take a flashlight with gloves in case he should chaining at night.
- Where to get channels?
In garages or supermarkets.
- What is the biggest city?
Saint Jean de Maurienne is 23 km 30/45 min drive.
- Is there a gas station in Saint Sorlin d'Arves?
Yes there is a gas station at the begining of the village.
- Is there a shuttle from St. Jean de Maurienne to Saint Sorlin d'Arves?
Yes, there is a shuttle between the station of Saint Jean de Maurienne Saint Sorlin d'Arves is set up by the company TRANS-ALPS (for more information and reservations: www.trans-alpes.com ou www.mobisavoie.fr).
- Is there a shuttle to get around the village?
There is a shuttle system in the village. They operate from Sunday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. with no interruptions and spend around 20 minutes all the same stops. On Saturday it runs from 9:00 to 12:00 and 13:30 to 18:30.
- From Grenoble, can we go through the Col de la Croix de Fer?
The Col de la Croix de Fer is closed in winter. Coming from Grenoble winter, you have to go through the Maurienne motorway (A43) towards Turin. However, the summer you can go through the Col de la Croix de Fer.
- How many kilometers are there any major cities of France in Saint Sorlin d'Arves? Saint Sorlin d’Arves est à :
- 665 km from Paris
- 200 km from Lyon
- 590 km from Nice
- 610 km from Toulouse
- 125 km from Grenoble
- 890 km from Lille
- How many km are there between Saint Jean de Maurienne Saint Sorlin d'Arves?
Between Saint Jean de Maurienne and Saint Sorlin d'Arves, there are 23 km.
- What are the dates of opening and closing of the Col de la Croix de Fer?
The Col de la Croix de Fer is closed from mid-November to mid-May. INFORMATION time opening and closing the tourist office.
- Where is it possible to connect to the Internet?
There are several places to connect to the Internet: the Tourist Office (prices available on request)., the pub Avalanche Cafe and the restaurant Chez Nath
- Saint Sorlin d'Arves is part of what a great area?
Saint Sorlin is part of the field related Sybelles. It offers 310 km of slopes on skis.
- What is the big city of Saint Sorlin?
Saint Jean de Maurienne at 23 km or 95 km for Chambery.
- Where are the assembly points ESF?
There are two rallies ESF Saint Sorlin d'Arves: 1 at the center of the station (behind the Tourist Office), and a second top station (At the residence of edge of the slopes). The second is open only on holidays in February.
- Where can I purchase ski lift passes?
There are 3 outlets for lift passes: Upper Village (at the Odalys Residence Les Sybelles), in the village center (behind the house Tourism) and down the village (PARKING Plan du Moulin at the ski lifts).
- Is there a location reserved for parking of motorhomes?
Yes, campers can park in the parking PLAN DU MOULIN at the entrance of the village, this park also hosts bus and is under video surveillance.
- Is there a marker that allows campers to source water and waste water drain?
Yes, this marker is located at the entrance of the village towards the cemetery and the payment will be made by credit card.
- Will it snow for Christmas?
There is still snow at altitude at least, and there are 75 snow cannons on the lower area so do not worry!
- We come in April, will it be possible to ski? Snow Will it still exist?
It is still possible to ski in April (the station closed in late April), although the field is more open in its entirety. The snow is described as "spring snow", it is hard in the morning and became heavier throughout the day. We did a very good skiing at this time!
- How do I see km of pistes in Saint Sorlin? Sybelles on the field?
On the domain of Saint Sorlin, we have 120 km of tracks. And on the field of Sybelles, you can ski on 310 km of tracks.
- Is it possible to go skiing in Saint Sorlin?
On Saint Sorlin, we have 3 loops top altitude of Choseaux chairlift. Magnificent, tariff 10 € roundtrip.
- Are there hiking trails?
On Saint Sorlin, we have two multi-activity circuits, that is to say that it is possible to do in snowshoes or on foot. The first: NEAR THE PLANS made 2 hours round trip and the second: a loop in terms of Mill is 45 minutes round trip.
- Can you do dog sledding ST SORLIN?
We have a provider that offers transportation of people and dog sleds. Its business plan is going to the mill.
- Is it possible to take the chairlift in a pedestrian access?
Yes, the chairlift Map Mill Express chairlift and Choseaux. Both will take round trip. Tickets to take the ski-lift ticket.
- For non-skiers, what activities can we do?
There are several non-ski activities: snowshoeing (alone or framed) or on foot, climbing up the slopes with ski lifts accessible to pedestrians, outings in dog sledding, snowmobile outings,bowling, visits of the diary, visit the baroque church of St. Saturnin and museum e of the old life ...
- Where is the nearest cinema?
It is located in Saint Jean d'Arves. During the winter season, there are free shuttles that go to the cinema in St Sorlin d'Arves Saint John for sessions from 18:00 and 21:00. The shuttle will bring you back afterwards.
- Is there a swimming pool in Saint Sorlin d'Arves?
No, there is no pool in Saint Sorlin. There is a body of water that is available in the summer (and guarded). The pools are the nearest to Saint Jean de Maurienne (23 km) or Corbier (30 km) with an outdoor heated pool, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi.
- Is there an ice rink in Saint Sorlin d'Arves?
No. The rink is located nearest to La Toussuire (33 km).
- What are the nearest markets?
Wednesday afternoon in St Jean d'Arves, Hamlet The Marshal, market regional products and crafts.
Wednesday morning at St Jean de Maurienne, up Fodere, organic market.
Saturday morning market at Grand St Jean de Maurienne.
From the hotel to the refuge, while passing by the package resort, book your resort in Saint Sorlin d'Arves in few clics.Book my stay
From the hotel to the refuge, while passing by the package resort, book your resort in Saint Sorlin d'Arves in few clics.Complete forecast
Booklets, handy guides and maps are availables by download.See our booklets
To register or to unregister